- Our Fundraising team works throughout the school year to raise the funds necessary to build a Habitat house. These costs include funding for construction materials and construction managers. Money will be raised through various fundraising events, grants, and letter writing campaigns. The biggest projects this fall will be "Dunk-a-Dookie", the Habitat Ball, and Racery.
- Community Outreach
- Our Community Outreach committee works with the Habitat community outside the UNC campus. They plan events and activities for the children and families of Phoenix Place, work with the Habitat Re-Store, and communicate with Habitat Orange County.
- The Habitat Tutoring Committee is tutors every Monday and Wednesday from 4:00-6:30PM. The Tutoring Co-Chairs are working to confirm at tutoring location this year at Phoenix Place, a Habitat neighborhood. Rides are provided to tutoring but extra drivers are always needed.
- Our Advocacy team works to advocate for the importance of adequate and affordable housing in the Orange County area. They work to influence policies regarding housing in the area and educate UNC students and community members about Habitat for Humanity. This Fall they will be working to get a multi-million dollar bond approved on the November ballot!
**Find the committee application here. All applications should be completed and sent to email@example.com by midnight on September 12th!
- International Trip to Honduras
- Join a team of UNC Students on a Habitat trip to Honduras. Throughout the year, team members will raise the adequate funds necessary for their Spring Break Trip through a 5k race, letter writing campaigns, and other fundraising events. During their stay in Honduras the team builds a home for a family in need and participates in cultural activities.
** Find the Honduras trip application here. All applications should be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 12th. Please contact team leader Maggie Helms (email@example.com) with any questions.